Making Healthy Habits Stick: OT Lifestyle Redesign® Informed Programs Workshop
Time & Location
About The Event
Individuals with multiple chronic conditions must learn to manage their care while balancing their daily activities. OT Lifestyle Redesign® informed interventions usher clients through this process. In this workshop, participants will learn the principles of Lifestyle Redesign® and acquire tools to instill healthful routines and habits.
How do we motivate individuals with chronic pain to get out of bed? How do we guide clients in activities that are joyful and meaningful? How can clients with complex medical conditions learn to manage their care most effectively? In this workshop we will address such questions and more.
This workshop will provide the participants with some hands on practice. Through guided activities, participants will learn how to empower clients to play an active role in promoting their personal health and well-being.
PDUs offered: 6
At the end of the workshop the participant will be able to:
- Describe the efficacy of Occupational Therapy Lifestyle Redesign® (LR) informed interventions in addressing chronic complex medical conditions.
- Identify optimal client factors that influence LR outcomes.
- Identify the unique characteristics of LR informed interventions, LR key ingredients, and how LR complements traditional OT.
- List LR evaluation and intervention tools.
- Demonstrate beginning skills in the art of embedding a new healthful activity throughout the day using principles of LR.
- Demonstrate knowledge of LR documentation and service reimbursement.
8:00 – 8:30 Registration and light breakfast (provided by Rancho)
8:30 – 9:30 Introduction, history, evidence, key ingredients, how LR complements traditional OT, readiness to change
9:30 – 10:00 Practice session
10:00 – 10:15 Break
10:15 – 12:00 Evaluation, interventions, follow up
12:00 – 1:00 Lunch (provided by Rancho)
1:00 – 2:45 Intervention tools, documentation, reimbursement
2:45 – 3:00 Break
3:00 – 3:30 Panel discussion
3:30 – 4:00 Questions, wrap up, evaluation
Full brochure available here.
Cancellations must be received in writing prior to July 27th, 2019. If the cancellation is made after July 27th, 2019, refunds will not be granted for any reason.
No on-site registration permitted
Questions? Please contact Michal Atkins: email@example.com or (562) 385-8842
- Rancho OT/OTA$150$1500$0
- General Admission$175$1750$0
- OT/OTA Student$75$750$0