Wheelchair Seating, Mobility, and Assistive Technology: Putting the Parts Together
Time & Location
About The Event
This two day course provides participants with basic concepts of seating and positioning, wheelchair mobility, and assistive technology for every day use. An interactive approach will help to identify limitations and to pair wheelchair and seating technology to optimize function and independence. Interactive adult and pediatric case studies will be used to enhance learning concepts. Asymmetries and pressure-relieving concepts will be highlighted in the selection of seating components and wheelchair configuration. The latest research findings in seating and mobility will be discussed relative to optimizing wheelchair configuration for efficiency in wheelchair propulsion.
CEUs pending: 1.2
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to :
1. Complete a wheelchair mat evaluation.
2. Identify three asymmetries that may impact wheelchair positioning.
3. Explain the difference of the pressure relieving concepts.
4. Complete measurements for a manual wheelchair.
5. Compare and contrast three different types of power wheelchair drives.
6. Identify three access methods to a phone and/or tablet used by persons with upper extremity limitations.
Who should attend
Physical Therapist Assistants
Occupational Therapist Assistants
Assistive Technology Professionals
Cancellations must be received in writing at least 14 days prior to the course date to receive a refund of 50% of registration fee. If the cancellation is made within fourteen days or less, refunds will not be granted for any reason.
No on-site registration permitted
For questions about the event, please contact: email@example.com or (562) 385-6237. For questions regarding cancellations, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Full brochure can be seen here.
- General Admission$185$1850$0
- Manufacturers for Mini-Expo$225$2250$0